Data Storytelling with Google Data Studio and BigQuery
You will learn to:
- Understand the importance of context
- Determine the appropriate type of graph
- Recognize and eliminate the clutter
- Direct your audience’s attention
- Leverage the power of storytelling to help your message resonate with your audience
- Derive insights from data using the analysis and visualization Google Data Studio and BigQuery
Who should attend:
Are you responsible for representing data in your day-to-day job? Is it important for you to be able to tell stories through graphs and presentations?
If you ever find yourself needing to communicate something to someone using data, this workshop is for you.
Whether you’re an analyst crunching numbers, a manager needing to communicate in a data-driven way, or a leader responsible for presentations to your board or other stakeholders, this workshop will give you the tools to tell more effective stories with data.
This workshop will also benefit anyone who is assessing if BigQuery and Data Studio are the right tools for your organisation.
This course covers:
- The 1st half of the workshop is to enable you to bring data to life and use it to communicate a story to an audience, with a focus on simplicity and ease of interpretation. This is accomplished through a mix of data visualization and storytelling theory and best practices.
- The 2nd half of the workshop is for you to practice and apply these new skills using Google BigQuery and Data Studio. BigQuery enables you to run super-fast queries and Google Data Studio enables you to create dashboards for data storytelling in minutes. By connecting to a variety of sources including Google Analytics, sheets and BigQuery, you can learn to put it all together in this content-packed 1 day workshop.
Auckland, New Zealand
27th November 2019
Meet our Instructor
GCP Practice Lead, Auckland NZ